Wall End Terrace was the old name for St John’s Place.
The name was changed by the Corporation’s Paving Committee in June 1861.
St Johns Place
Upper St James Street to St John’s Road
—here is Terrace Road—
Nos 1 to 8 (consec) form a group
Early C19 2 storeys stucco. Low pitch gable end slate roof. Bay window 1st floor of 4 lights, casements. Ground floor window recessed, sash, block sill, Gothic label over. Recessed panelled door also with Gothic label.
Isle of Wight Youth Trust
An early Cl9 terrace range of small 3 storey houses in stucco. Projecting plain eaves, and band above rusticated ground floor. The doors each have 3 heavily moulded panels, and glazed semi-circular fanlights. Stucco labels with head stops. 2 windows (one blocked) to each house, the ground floor having large stucco keystones. No 6 has one upper 3 light bay without glazing bars.
No 7 & 8
Mid C19 3 storeys chequered brick with red brick dressings. Gable low pitch slate roof. One window each recessed, sash, block sills, flat brick arches. 1st floor bay windows of 3 lights, plain strips, frieze and cornice. Round headed doorways with rubbed brick arches.
|1964||W Matthews & Sons||Timber garden equipment|
—here is Trafalgar Road—
On the opposite side is Nodehill
County Council Technical Instruction Gardens
County Council Technical Institute, Free Library & Education Offices
—here is Medina Avenue—