Location: Off St John’s Road to Whitepit Lane
1910 terrace of houses virtually unchanged except for the grocery shop with the lower bay window. Upper bay window led into a small beer house called The Gardens Rest. Closed in 1970.
Nos 11 to 67 (odd) form a group. Grade II Listed 1 February 1972
Early C19 row of 2 storeed cottages in chequered brick with red brick dressings. Gable end slate roofs, shallow wood eaves cornice, One window each but a few with 2, sash, the majority with glazing bars intact moulded flush wood frames, flat brick arches, block sills. Some Victorian and earlier bay windows. Panelled doors are either recessed with a semi-circular fanlights and red brick arches, or set in paired entrances with doorcases of thin pilasters with bracketed hoods.
No 43 is the most substantial with a hinged roof and projecting eaves cornice, block string course, 3 windows 1st floor, 2 on ground floor.
No 47 (The Gardeners Rest Public House) has a stucco front.
Nos 51, 53 and 55 are painted. No 53 has an ornate barrel vaulted porch with trellis work.
No 57 a gabled trellis porch with finial.